Friday, August 31, 2012

Black Cobra, Saviours at Los Globos

Los Globos brought the city of LA another formidable metal show last night with a solid lineup of sludge/doom and stoner metal. Hopefully, the venue will stick with this trend and continue to book metal shows in the future.  Drink prices are steep, but it's an otherwise great place to see live music. The lineup consisted of Secrets of the Sky, Behold! The Monolith, Black Cobra, and Saviours.  I'm not really into sludge or doom metal so I was mostly there to see the last two bands, and I definitely liked what I saw and heard. Black Cobra made a lot noise for a two piece, but in a good way, and I will certainly be checking them out the next time they make the trek down to LA from their hometown of SF.
Saviours tore it up as usual, delivering heavy but energetic stoner metal riffs and lively screaming vocals. I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to check out the latest Saviours album, "Death's Procession".  It's a worthwhile investment full of heavy hitting, compelling hard rock.

The next event on my concert calendar will be Steel Panther on Monday, September 3rd, at the House of Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment