Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Scattered Hamlet at The Viper Room on 11/07

My buddies in Scattered Hamlet played a truly rockin' show at The Viper Room last Wednesday! These guys are a sweaty, southern hard rock band, and their music makes for good dancing or head-banging - whichever you prefer. I like to call it blue collar rock 'n roll and I think they're giving their predecessors of southern rock a run for their money! This was the first show Scattered Hamlet has played with their new guitar player Branden. He seems like a very cool dude and he wasted no time carving out his own sound alongside veteran guitarist Redd.

As anticipated, it was a great show! Lots of people turned up and the crowd was rockin' out along with the band. Scattered Hamlet played a bitchin' new song for us along with my favorite songs Skeleton Dixie and Shotgun Symphony. Apparently they're just starting to record an album so I'll be waiting patiently for it to hit the stores.

For the first time ever, I remembered my camera.

                                                       Redd knows how to shred.

                                         Jake was commanding the hell out of that drum set.



I accidentally clocked singer Adam Joad in the face after the show while swinging my arms wildly for some forgotten (and stupid?) reason but he was totally cool about it. Sorry!

Check these guys out on facebook: Scattered Hamlet

The next even on my concert calendar is Desecrate, Ascendancy, Legal Tender and a crap load of other bands at The Whiskey on 11/16. Municipal Waste is actually playing tomorrow night at The House of Blues but I won't be able to make it because I have Kendo practice and I've already missed too many practices. Daaaaamn.

No comments:

Post a Comment