Sunday, April 14, 2013

BlackMagic Revolution at The Crest on 3/29

I visited The Crest last Friday to show support for a friend's punk band and was very pleasantly surprised when an awesome metal power trio ended up playing as the headlining act! I had no idea this was how the night would turn out because I had previously visited the band's Facebook page and the posted songs sounded entirely different. These guys played some incredible 80's style metal and threw in some rad covers of Motley Crue & Led Zeppelin. The wickedly fast guitar, ear-splitting vocals, bass and drums were all phenomenal!


The light show at The Crest creates some strange effects.

Lots of shredding occurred!



I can't wait to check out BlackMagic Revolution again! Be sure to catch one of their upcoming shows & say hello to them. The band just recently moved to LA from Uruguay so I'm sure they could use some support from the local scene.

The next event on my concert calendar is U.D.O. at The Whisky on 4/23. Here's a link for discount tickets from the opening band Blak!

1 comment: