Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Party Weekend Recap! Delta Rose, Future Villains, The Glory Stompers

My quest for hard rock continued over the weekend as I revisited one of my regular haunts and sought out new adventures in the Valley. Last weekend was so non-stop I had to cram two concerts into a single blog post. More cramming is soon to follow.

The adventure started on Friday night at The Viper Room Halloween party with Delta Rose and the Future Villains. I heard the other bands scheduled for that night were really awesome but I missed them because I had another party to hit up before the night was over. Delta Rose is a blues/hard rock band from Rosemead and they know how to rock!  Guitar slinger Forrest is obviously versed in metal phrasing because he was laying down a lot of speedy, chugging rhythms and grinding, metal solos as well as sleazy blues licks. I dug it. The whole band was dressed like the droogs from A Clockwork Orange (it was a costume event). Very cool!

Next up was Future Villains. I've seen these guys plenty of times on the Sunset Strip. They're a hard rock band but they also have a party rock vibe - in a good way. Vocalist Dusty has a killer screech! At times it sounds like he's shredding his vocal chords much like lead guitarist Clay is shredding on his Gibson. These guys tore it up on stage and got the crowd really worked up with two of their best songs - Hell Angel and Down the Drain. They also did a pretty sweet cover of Cowboys from Hell. 

Saturday night I had the pleasure of seeing The Glory Stompers play at a house party in the Valley. I don't make it out to house parties much but there was no way I could pass up a Glory Stompers show. They played a short but sweet set in the garage of former band mate Trevor Howard's house and blew everyone's minds as usual. These guys are on the fast track to becoming local legends and I strongly advise you to check out their live show if you have not done so already (see previous blog post about The Glory Stompers)! They were followed briefly by a Misfits cover band before the cops came and rained on the party, making us dial down the noise. Booooo! It was only 11:00!

Check out all the bands on facebook, like their pages, improve your life.

www.facebook.com/DeltaRose

www.facebook.com/futurevillains

www.facebook.com/theglorystompers

The next event on my concert calendar is Skeletonwitch tonight at The Whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment